Startup city Fukuoka pitching competition
Startups, want to do business in Asia and get to know more about the Japanese business environment? Latitude59’s long term partners from Fukuoka City are hosting a pitching competition for startups together with Enterprise Estonia on 27 August. The competition will also be broadcasted online.
Fukuoka pitching competition prizes include:
- one round trip flight ticket from/to Fukuoka
- free co-working space
- business consultations
Fukuoka Startup City is the fastest-growing startup hub in Japan. Fukuoka City offers entrepreneurs incredible financial incentives, networking opportunities, staffing assistance, and individualized consulting services. Starting a company in Fukuoka will give you the keys to unlock your company’s full potential.
An initiative of Fukuoka City for startup support
Fukuoka City provides intensive startup support to expand its business in Fukuoka City. Here is startup package Fukuoka City can provide for startups.
- Startup Visa. Fukuoka is the first city in Japan to offer a Startup visa for foreign entrepreneurs.
- Financial assistance and funding opportunities. Bringing your business to Fukuoka will give you access to countless funding sources.
- New requirements relaxation for Startup Visa
- In order to promote company establishment for foreign entrepreneurs, “Startup Visa” system that allows the provision of capital for 6 months in Fukuoka City. When Startup Visa holder updating his/her visa to Business Management Visa, it was necessary to have an office in a private room, however, co-working space approved by Fukuoka city will be accepted as an office from June 2020. (*only for the first visa renewal)
- Business support. Fukuoka City provides a wide range of support options for founders who want to grow their businesses in this thriving city. National tax reductions. The city government understands that taxes are a big consideration when deciding where to found your company. If you establish your business in Fukuoka, you might qualify for a reduction in national tax.
- Financial aid for renting residential & office spaces
- Global startup centre
- The GSC is a place that provides English speakers full access to the resources & info for startups. At the GSC, you’ll get comprehensive support and make the connections you need to establish your business.
About Fukuoka City
Fukuoka City has a population of 1.6 million – Monocle rated Fukuoka the world’s 7th most liveable city in 2016!
Our top several reasons for starting up in Fukuoka are;
- Located in the heart of East Asia. Conducting international and domestic business is simple with many hubs located just a short flight from Fukuoka.
- Top talent is easy to find in Fukuoka because of Fukuoka city’s numerous universities and R&D centres.
- Fukuoka is an incredible place to live in. There’s a reason why 96% of Fukuoka’s residents think it’s a pleasant place to live.
- We have a tight-knit startup community. You’ll never have to go it alone. Fukuoka’s startup community is here to support you, and it all begins at the Fukuoka Growth Next and Startup Café.
- Fukuoka City’s Global Startup Network. We have concluded MoU with 11 cities, 15 locations around the globe in terms of startup mutual support such as Consultation, Business matching, Provide information, use of incubation facilities and Introduction of financial institutions.