Latitude59 conference main organizer “MTÜ Latitude59” is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who is “MTÜ Latitude59”?
“MTÜ Latitude59” is a non-profit organization (Mittetulundusühing i.e. MTÜ in Estonian) founded by Estonian startup community organizations. “MTÜ Latitude59” is the main organizer of Latitude59 conference.
“MTÜ Latitude59” has one main office in Tallinn, Estonia. The registered office address is:
Telliskivi 60a Tallinn 10412
What kind of data do we collect and keep?
We collect and keep the following personal data:
- Your first and last name
- The name of the company you work for
- The country you come from
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The category in which you fall under – guest, investor, media, student, startup
We may also collect (anonymous) feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, emails and post-conference surveys.
From our website, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the website.
If you choose to purchase a conference ticket from us, we, our ticketing system provider and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information.
Latitude59 does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when:
- You use our website
- You purchase a conference ticket
- You sign up for our Startup Ticket via Startup Includer
- You sign up for our Startup Demo Area via Startup Includer
- You sign up for our Pitch Competition via Startup Includer
- You sign up for our newsletter using our newsletter sign-up form
- You sign up for media accreditation via our media accreditation sign-up form
- You sign up to be a conference volunteer via our volunteer sign-up form
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data mainly to keep you informed of Latitude59 news and updates, to send you information regarding your purchased ticket(s), and to perform direct sales of Latitude59 conference tickets.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing communications that you have requested. These may include information and updates about the Latitude59 conference itself (e.g. venue, side activities, related content, conference program and any other relevant details about the conference), our conference tickets, our conference sponsors, promotions related to our conference and tickets and promotions of our associated sponsors and partners’ products or services. This communication is based on subscription and requires your consent.
- To send you information about your conference ticket(s) that you have purchased from us
- To perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established
- To notify you about any problems or disruptions related to the Latitude59 conference
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our website without telling us who you are. However, some services – i.e. purchasing our conference ticket(s), signing up for our Startup Demo Area and/or Pitch Competition, volunteer registration and media accreditation – will require you to provide us with your personal data.
In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal data we request, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of our website (e.g. the payment confirmation page, profile management for startups), to sign up for relevant activities and for us to respond to you.
- Improve our service
- Improve user experience
- Analyze and improve our content
- Analyze how our website is being used
- Analyze and monitor conversions of our ticket sales
This information is used to make our website work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to Latitude59, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use our website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technologies is to actively manage the settings on our browser or mobile device. If you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, here are the links to help you with your cookie management:
For all other browsers and mobile devices, please refer to the relevant technical information of your browser and mobile device for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies as well as other tracking/recording tools.
If you would like to learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Our legal basis for collecting your personal data
Collecting personal data based on consent
The collection of your personal data based on consent will be done using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by you. Individual consent will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Latitude59 and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store your personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your personal data was collected, while also considering our need to resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent except from what is described below:
Third-Party Service and/or Product Providers who are partners and/or sponsors of Latitude59:
We may pass your information on to our partners, sponsors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing you relevant services that are happening at or are in direct relation to Latitude59.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Latitude59 holds about you
- The right to request that Latitude59 corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Latitude59 to retain such data
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive our newsletters:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to our newsletters, please make use of the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletters to manage your subscriptions
- If you want to withdraw your consent to our press releases, please let us know by replying to us at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]
- The right to request that Latitude59 provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to [email]email@example.com[/email]
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Estonian supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authority can be contacted at:
Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate