Just 2 months ago we rolled out the L59 Pitch Competition for 2023 Kenya Edition with Startup Wise Guys, the leading accelerator in Europe. They are the most experienced accelerator fund in the region with over 35+ programs, an international community of founders from over 60 countries and an established market in CEE and CIS countries.
The announcement attracted over 100 applications from all around Africa. Just 20% of them were selected to pitch at the prefinals. Today, we’re thrilled to announce the TOP 9 startups – the startups that will get on the stage at the L59 Pitch Competition Kenya Edition finals and do their very best. And they will surely do so, as they receive prior pitch training by Gleb Maltsev, the co-founder of Fundwise, a founder-to-investor pitching platform with a 70% success rate, raising over 6 million EUR for over two dozen projects.
Mark your calendars for the finals at the Sarit Expo Centre during Latitude59 2023 Kenya Edition. Join us on December 6, 2023, at 9:00 AM to cheer for your favorites and witness the boldest pitches from the strongest startups in this year’s competition. The pitch competition finals will kick off in the afternoon—be there to witness the future unfold.
The startups pitching at the L59 Pitch Competition Finals in 2023 Kenya Edition:
- MyShule – MyShule is a safe and reliable school transport solution powered by platform technology and analytics driven operations.
- Skizaa – Skizaa supports NGOs and NonProfits with data collection and analysis in last mile schools across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Kiotapay– Platform empowering property owners to automate operations, bill tenants, collect and spend their money on one platform.
- ZofiCash – Zofi Cash is a digital financial platform taking care of employee’s financial emergencies before the 30-day pay cycle.
- Chumz.io – Chumz has developed a gamified savings product that leverages behavioral psychology to help individuals save at low cost.
- Iamnativ – Iamnativ is an award winning platform and app connecting the best media crews and creatives in Africa with the world.
- Kidaftari ERP – Kidaftari is an innovative ERP that additionally automates payments, receipts & reduced frequent Bank reconciliation.
- ToffeeTribe – ToffeeTribe repurposes restaurants into co-working spaces, uniting Africa’s remote workers.
- Pakia Transport – Pakia is an e-logistics platform that seeks to solve logistic problems to individuals and manufacturing companies.
WHAT’S IN THE PRIZE POOL?
- A chance to pitch in front of a live audience of 500 people – come and wow the international jury of startup experts and fund managers; this is your chance to stand out and open new doors for your startup’s growth
- A fast-tracked spot to the semi-finals (the TOP 40) of the Latitude59 2024 Pitch Competition taking place in Tallinn on May 22-24, 2024. This includes includes a trip to Estonia for the winning founder, paid by Latitude59:– flights NBO-TLN-NBO– accommodation for 2 nights in Tallinn– Latitude59 tickets for May 22-24, 2024 in Tallinn, Estonia– FYI, the total prize pool for L59 Pitch Competition in Tallinn in May 2023 was €1.25M!
- $20K in Infobip service credits
- A spot in Startup Wise Guys‘ – the top 5 accelerator in Europe – next Africa program:– includes an opportunity to be fast-tracked to an investment ticket of €100K
- Legal councelling by KTA Advocates
- Complimentary coworking membership packages to TOP 3 teams by Nairobi Garage
- Spurt Group will provide a 20% discount & a six-month complimentary subscription to Sync! to all applicants. In addition, they’re offering a bespoke people strategy session for the winner.
The high level of this year’s competitors is evident in the fact that the jury simply couldn’t narrow the list down to the final 5, as is traditional. This means that all 9 startups will advance to the finals. We’ll just have to wait a bit longer to see who wins; the finals will kick off on December 6th at 15:40 at the Sarit Expo Centre at Latitude59 2023 Kenya Edition. While the audience can count on a memorable showcase, all our other judges have a tough job ahead!
See you there!