June 6, 2012
- 19:00VIP reception at Tallinn City Hall (speakers and personal invitations only)
- 20:30Informal meet-and-greet at Clazz (open for everyone)
June 7, 2012
- 9:00Welcome and Appreciation by Andres Keevallik the Rector of Tallinn University of Technology and Professor of digital control systems design, Estonia.
- 9:15Keynote - "Start-ups taking the alternative path. Are they making a difference?" Karin Hollerbach, CEO of Taku Group
- 10:00Panel - "Hot Segments vs Long Tail Opportunities: should biotech industry and energy sector care for the hype in E&M commerce"
Alar Kolk, Moderator, Tallinn University of Technology
Ott Pärna, Former CEO at Estonian Development Fund
Siemon Smid, Technology Transfer Manager at Tallinn University of Technology
Stephan Gutzeit, Executive Director, Werkstatt Neues Bauhaus
Ardo Reinsalu, CEO at Curonia Research OÜ Katrin Nyman-Metcalf, Head of the Chair of Law and Technology at Tallinn Law School
- 11:00Coffee and Networking
- 11:30Panel - "Biotechnology and Gene Manipulation: is R&D worth the price?"Stephan Gutzeit, Moderator, Member of the Investment Committee at Charité Biomedical Fund, Executive Director, Werkstatt Neues Bauhaus
- 13:30Panel - "Green Technologies and Materials: the world goes green, will the startups go too?"Jukka Järvinen, Moderator, Innovation specialist, Founder atOy Finnish Electric Vehicle Technologies LtdLassi Noponen, Chairman of Cleantech Invest OyKarin Hollerbach, CEO at Taku group, serves also on the board of the MIT Club of Northern CalifoniaLauri Tammiste, Director of Energy and Green Economy at Estonian Development Fund
- 14:30Panel - Mobile and Entertainment. To build a "next Rovio" or not to be?Cyrus Farivar, Moderator, Iranian-American technology journalist, Ars Technica Raoul Järvis, Founder of TaxiPal Andrew J. Scott, Serial tech start-up entrepreneur, Founder of Rummble among other startupsEric Seufert, Head of Acquisition & Marketing, Grey Area
- 15:30Coffee and Networking
- 16:00Latitude59 pitch contest pre-selection powered by #estonianmafiaTwenty companies will be doing their pitch for the pre-selection.REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!More information at pitchingsupported by:
Startup Incubator by Tehnopol, Startup Wiseguys Accelerator, Garage48 Foundation, Mobile Monday Foundation, SNR Denton, Law Firm Glimstedt, Arctic Startup
- 16:30Panel - "The Problems of the European Innovation Economy."Where to direct foreign investments and what are the benefits of taking a long-term approach.Burton Lee, Managing Director at Innovarium Ventures, Member of the Advisory Board at Grow VC, Lecturer at Stanford University (Engineering, European Entrepreneurship and Innovation).Linnar Viik, Member of the Business Advisory Group at Nordic Investment Bank, Member of the Governing Board at European Institute of Innovation and Technology, Co-owner at Mobi Solutions.Andris Berzins, Angel Investor, Chairman of TechHub Riga, the startup co-working space, Advisory Board member and Lead Wise Guy at Startup Wise Guys.
- 17:30Networking at Tallinn University of Technology (drinks&snacks for everyone)
June 8, 2012
- 9:00“How to Spot the Next Spotify”, Martin Hauge, Creandum, StockholmIntroduced By: Richard Allan Horning, SNR Denton, Silicon Valley
- 9:20Keynote - "The revolution of the angels - VC’s beware." Ravi Belani, Seed investor, and former VC with Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ)
- 10:00Panel - "Silicon Valley vs UK Term Sheet: what to expect when going from Baltics to Global?"Richard Horning, Moderator, SNR Denton, Silicon Valley, USAJevgeni Kabanov, CEO and Founder, ZeroTurnaroundRagnar Sass, Co-founder, PipedrivePeter Cox, Managing Associate, SNR Denton, London
Toby Moore, Imprimatur Capital Baltics, London and Riga
Katrin Nyman-Metcalf, Head of the Chair of Law and Technology at Tallinn Law School
- 11:00Coffee and Networking
- 11:30“How We Did It: War Stories From the Front” Tõnis Liivamägi, Kinotehnik, CEO, Founder is presenting his unique story of creating a startup with markets in USA, head-quarters in Estonia, and production in China.
- 13:001:1 Chat with Antti Vilpponen, Arctic15Antti interviews Timo Rein, CEO of Pipedrive, about their international growth story and experiences in AngelPad accelerator in Silicon Valley.
- 13:10Panel - "Designing a Global Legal Infrastructure and Protecting IP Globally: A Strategy for the Startup"
Priit Lätt, Moderator, Law Firm Glimstedt, Tallinn
Gerard Casale, Santa Monica, CA
Ingrida Karina-Berzina, Raidla Lejins & Norcous, Riga
Ilias Chantzos, Symantec, Brussels
Silja Elunurm, Glikman & Partners BLS Estonia, Tallinn
- 14:101:1 Chat with Jüri Kaljundi, Garage48
Jüri is interviewing Dan Bragiel from I/O Ventures in San Francisco about international startups making it big in the US.
- 14:201:1 chat with Priit Salumaa, Garage48Priit interviews Jevgeni Kabanov CEO of ZeroTurnaround about their rapid growth from Tartu, Estonia to Boston, USA.
- 14:30Panel - "Financing a Startup: how do angel groups change the financing game and fit in the possible financing schemes?"
Richard Allan Horning, Moderator, SNR Denton US LLP, Silicon Valley
Ravi Belani, seed investor and instructor on Entrepreneurship at Stanford, Silicon Valley
Martins Jaunarajs, BaltCap, Riga
Martin Hauge, Creandum, Stockholm
Artturi Tarjanne, Nexit Ventures, Helsinki
Jari Mieskonen, Managing Partner, Conor Venture Partners
- 15:30Coffee and Networking
- 16:00Latitude59 pitch finals powered by #estonianmafiaREGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!More information at pitchingStartup Incubator by Tehnopol, Startup Wiseguys Accelerator, Garage48 Foundation, Mobile Monday Foundation, SNR Denton, Law Firm Glimstedt, Arctic Startupsupported by:
- 17:00Announcement of Pitch Contest Prize Winners